If you’re a regular Facebook user, you’ve probably scrolled past auto-play videos, likely of recipes, political news, and even brand advertising. But starting in August 2015, Facebook introduced a truly revolutionary way to connect with your audience: Facebook Live. Whether you’re trying to promote a product or are interviewing a key figure in your vertical, Facebook Live allows you to interact with your followers instantly.
Initially only available to celebrities, journalists, and users with verified profiles, Facebook Live received a global launch in April 2016. Any individual, business, or group could live stream a video to their Facebook profile for the entire world to see. And it proved to be an important tool for many businesses and a success for Facebook; it allows you to instantly connect and create a personal relationship with your audience.
Did You Know?
- Live videos are watched three times longer than regular videos on Facebook.
- Facebook videos, in general, have 135% greater organic reach than photo posts.
- Users comment ten times more on Facebook Live videos than regular videos.
- Facebook Live usage significantly increased from January 2016 to June 2016.
How to Seamlessly Stream and Use a Facebook Live Video
Now that you know the important stats, are you ready for your business to make a huge impression to your Facebook followers? Here are some simple ways to increase your Facebook Live video reach and engagement:
- Plan a thorough strategy that includes an outline of what the video will entail. Although Facebook Live is an “on the whim” tool and thrives on that concept, you should still have some scripted parts to keep your video structured.
- Make sure the technical side is completely fleshed out so your video goes as smoothly as possible. Should a blip occur, have a plan for an unexpected technical error.
- Switch up video content to consistently engage your audience. Popular Facebook Live themes include introducing a new product, Q&As, instructional guides, and interviews.
- Pay attention to user comments. Based on the comments section alone, there’s truly no better way to engage with your audience. If appropriate, react and address comments and questions left by your audience.
- Once the live feed has ended, feel free to tighten up the content to make your final version flawless. If you didn’t do so in the live feed, add a call to action to garner even more leads and engagement for your business.
Are you interested in social media services from the experts at Aronson Advertising? Contact our Chicagoland-based advertising agency by sending us a message or calling (847) 297-1700 to inquire.
A Long List of Facebook Statistics—And What They Mean For Your Business